Thursday, March 31, 2011

We all bleed...

Red?

As I was driving home today I looked at the display on my radio and it said the name of the song was "Bleed Red." Immediately I thought this must be a mistake, because who bleeds red? We all bleed maroon, right?

Apparently not according to Ronnie Dunn. Good song though, about how we can all share in the same experiences and sufferings, that we all come from the same stock. We're all fallen, so let's do our best to realize it and live together in peace!


My favorite lines from the song:
Let’s say were sorry, before it’s too late, give forgiveness a chance/ Turn the anger into water; let it slip through our hands/ We all bleed red, we all taste rain, all fall down, lose our way,/ We all say words we regret, we all cry tears, we all bleed red
So keep that in mind if you're ever faced with a stressful situation where you find it hard to forgive or see the good in another. We're all sinners, we all need forgiveness and each other's love and compassion. It will do you some good too! "If you are angry, let it be without sin. The sun must not go down on your wrath; do not give the devil a chance to work on you" (Eph 4:26-27).

I'll leave it at that tonight and save the longer post for tomorrow (as we celebrate the Sacred Heart of Jesus!). And of course for all you Aggies out there I'll leave you with the song I was thinking of on my way home. For those who are not Aggies, at least it's a nice waltz! We bleed maroon!


Man I wish I were at the Hall right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment